Media Skills Training for Educators
It is infinitely easier to incur a crisis than to solve it. This goes for education as well. Students threatening each other on social media, abuse of or by teachers, exam fraud: they may all lead to the wrong kind of media attention for your school, with tough, even insolent questions being asked.
STORM Training, experts in leadership in public speaking and presenting, and Wisse Kommunikatie, experts in crisis communication, have joined hands to create a top-notch media skills training for educators, suitable for your boardroom or communication department.
Our media skills training for educators combines the secrets of persuasive speaking with tips and best practices for handling crisis situations. Starting from a concrete case, you will receive camera training with elaborate feedback, as well as training in dealing with so-called “asshole journalism”, a relatively new strain of journalism aimed at shaming or embarrassing its subjects. The right message, sent with conviction and at the right time; that is both goal and effect of this training.
Our media skills training for educators is aimed at managers, spokespersons and communication departments in both secondary and higher education wanting to prepare for a mediagenic crisis effectively and wanting to see it through convincingly. It provides answers to the questions What to say?, When to say it?, and, very importantly, Who should do the talking?
In an interactive session of one day (longer if desired), you will learn to respond to the media and the public in a coherent, open and convincing manner. After the training, your crisis communication will be calmer, more deliberate, and more convincing. In short: more effective.
- group training for management and/or communication departments
- available in Dutch, German and fluent English
- in-company or in a location of choice in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany
- trainers: expert in crisis communication and expert in speaking with conviction
- (optional) with professional NOB cameraman (Dutch national TV)
- video feedback during the training
- powerful interventions on the behavioral level
- theory of persuasive (public) speaking
- leaderschip and body language
- the language of the leader
- media relations and key messages
- issues and crisis communication
- the role of social media in a crisis situation
- elevator pitches
- interviews & feedback
- interview ‘asshole-journalism style’ & feedback
- Trainers: Mr. Vic Diederen, MA, STORM Executive Training, and Mr. Serge Beckers, MA & Msc, Wisse Kommunikatie.
- Preparation: none
- Duration: 7 hours in 1 day. (Other schedule possible.)
- Location: In-company or a location of choice in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands or the UK.
- Price: On demand.
Find out more about this training and call #31 (0)85-4011475. Or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page, and we will get back to you with more information.